Pretty Laerke

Pretty Laerke: RBG0228

January 2017

Warband Part 3


Nuclear Plant 01 – Destructible Environments (Part 2)

After priming I set out to add a little color and started the realistic water effect. In the pictures below you will see 3 green sections. The one in the center is going to be the main focus. I plan on using a duller green wash from Vallejo to dull the two silos down a bit. The center section was multiple layers of the realistic water. The first layer was clear the subsequent ones have a bit of Clear green added to the mix. I’ll take a close up of it once all is said and done. And as you can see from the constructed piece, I took one of the silos off. They screw in. Pretty neat ah?

5 Nuclear Plant Destroyed BACK Primed Plus6 Nuclear Plant Destroyed FRONT Prime Plus Water effect

Support Lance +1 (Part 2)

Support Lance 1

Part 2

Left to right: Jagermech JM6-S, Quickdraw QKD-4G, Zeus SEU-6S, Whitworth WTH-1, Hunchback HBK-4G.

  1. Jagermech JM6-S
    • Ginger Bread wash, over layed with a VJ German Grey Wash. Then dry brushed again with Ginger bread.
    • Anarchy Model Micro HEX Stencil: Ruddy Leader
  2.  Quickdraw QKD-4G
    • Ginger Bread base coat. Black to German grey (VJ) transition. German Grey wash to blend to Ginger bread.
  3. Zeus SEU-6S
    • Vomit Brown (GW) base coat, Brown Wash.
    • Freehand strips
  4. Whitworth WTH-1
    • Vomit Brown (GW) base coat, Brown Wash.
    • Anarchy Model Micro HEX Stencil: Leather White
  5. Hunchback HBK-4G
    • Leather White Base coat, Washed with Black wash.

Support Lance +1 Part 1


Support Lance +1

First off this is the first WIP and the first Battletech and, therefore, the first OmniArmory post!


Support Lance 0

The Process:

  1. Removing model lines and flashing.
  2. On a few of them I decided to change the arm position to me more aggressive. So I cut the arms off. Sanded them flat. Drill holes for pinning then pinned & super glued them into position.
  3. Washed them with warm ware and soap
  4. Dremel Buffed them
  5. Base mounted to new MDF Hex bases. The bases are from
  6. Then used a 2:1 ratio of Apoxie Sculpt and Greenstuff. Filled gaps in arms and mistakes made from my dremel head touching the miniature. I did a little custom work on the Hunchback (far right). Made a tree for him to stand on.
  7. Then super glued from rocks a got from a friend (Paul).

Over all the turn out is pretty great.  More to come.